The change of seasons is the perfect time to reflect on our physical, mental, and emotional health and make adjustments accordingly. Here are 13 ways to practice self-care this fall:
1. Get enough sleep: During the fall, it’s important to get enough sleep so you can have the energy to enjoy all the fun activities the season has to offer. Make sure to go to bed at a reasonable time and wake up feeling rested.
2. Eat healthy: Just because it’s pumpkin spice season doesn’t mean you have to indulge in all the sugary treats. Enjoy some of your favorites in moderation and make sure to eat plenty of nutrient-rich foods as well.
3. Exercise: Fall is a great time to get outside and enjoy the cooler weather. Go for a walk, run, or hike and get your body moving.
4. Take breaks: When you’re feeling overwhelmed or stressed, take a few minutes to yourself to relax and rejuvenate. Take a hot bath, read your favorite book, or just take a nap.
5. Spend time with loved ones: There’s nothing better than spending time with the people you love. Plan a fun fall activity with your family or friends and make some cherished memories.
6. Get organized: Fall is the perfect time to get your life in order. declutter your space, set goals for the upcoming season, and just get things in order. You’ll feel much better and less stressed when everything is in its place.
7. Do something new: Trying something new can be scary, but it’s also exciting. This fall, step out of your comfort zone and try something you’ve always wanted to do. You might be surprised at how much you enjoy it.
8. Be present: One of the best ways to practice self-care is to be present in the moment. Instead of letting your mind wander, focus on the here and now. Enjoy the simple things in life and be grateful for what you have.
9. Give back: One of the best ways to feel good is to do something good for someone else. This fall, volunteer your time, donate to a worthy cause, or just do something nice for someone. It’ll make you feel great and you’ll be making a difference in the world.
10. Practice gratitude: One way to practice self-care this fall is to focus on gratitude. Take some time each day to think about things you’re thankful for, both big and small. This can help shift your perspective and make you more aware of the positive things in your life. You can also express your gratitude by doing things for others. Whether it’s volunteering your time, picking up a friend’s shift, or simply doing something nice for someone, acts of kindness can make you and the recipient feel good. (URL TO OUR PRINTABLE GRATITUDE CHALLENGE)
11. Start your red-light therapy: One great way to practice self-care this fall is by starting red light therapy. Red light therapy is a form of therapy that uses red and near-infrared light to stimulate the body’s cells. This type of therapy has a variety of benefits, including reducing inflammation, increasing circulation, and stimulating the production of collagen. It can also help to improve mood and reduce stress levels. Red light therapy is a safe and effective way to improve your overall health and well-being.
12. Try some adult coloring books: Self-care is so important, especially as the weather starts to get colder and the days get shorter. One great way to practice self-care this fall is to try adult coloring books. There are so many beautiful adult coloring books available, featuring intricate designs and patterns. Coloring can be a great way to relax and destress, and it’s also a lot of fun. So why not give it a try? Grab a coloring book and some pencils or markers, and get started. You may be surprised at how much you enjoy it.
13. Take care of yourself: Last but not least, make sure to take care of yourself. This fall, do something that makes you happy. Whether it’s taking a yoga class, getting a massage, or just taking a break from technology, make sure to do something that’s just for you.