Slash & Scroll Editorial Guidelines
Our Reporting Standards:
We strive for all stories to be as accurate as possible. In reporting and researching articles, writers vet their sources for any competing interests and seek out studies provided by third-party sources. If there is a conflict of interest, we disclose it. Similarly, if the only research we can find on a topic involves a very small sample size—or was conducted on animals, not humans—we disclose that as well. Reporting fairly and accurately, without amplifying fear (there’s enough of that in everyday life!), is critical to us in earning and maintaining your trust.
What are some other ways we do this?
• We continually update stories as we learn new information.
• Writers fact-check articles before they submit them.
• We regularly offer training and refresher courses to keep editors aware of best practices for reporting, writing and updating content.
Our Approach to Shopping / Affiliate Content:
Slash&Scroll editors select every item we feature. Here’s how we go about that:
1. We start by sharing our favorite things: items we’ve personally vetted and can vouch for. (We clearly disclose the things we’ve tried, including quotes from editors or labeling them as one of our favorites.)
2. We research what’s new on the market and what has a stellar reputation, researching studies and reviews on the products to find the top recommendations to share with you.
3. We regularly update our roundups of the “best” products, removing items that are no longer in stock, updating pricing and adjusting the list to include new favorites.
Thank you for taking the time to review our policies. We appreciate your interest and look forward to helping you live your very best life.